[Gllug] TV tuner cards

John Winters john at sinodun.org.uk
Fri Jan 4 18:25:07 UTC 2008

Martin A. Brooks wrote:
[snip]
> I took a long hard look at the all the options for a reasonable PVR
> system and ended up buying one of these:
>
> http://www.humaxdigital.com/uk/products/pvr-9200tbx.asp
>
> No network is a tiny pest, but more than made up for by everything Just
> Working[tm].

Two questions about this device:

1) Can you put it into standby mode when recordings are scheduled?  My
mother-in-law has an insane unit which insists that it must be left on
if you want it to actually record anything.  It seems obvious to me that
it should go into some sort of low-power mode and then wake up when
required.

2) How much power does it use when not in use?

TIA,
John
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk