[Gllug] exim segfault puzzle

Chris Jones cmsj at tenshu.net
Mon Jan 7 10:17:03 UTC 2008

Hi

Anthony Newman wrote:
> Do you mean attempts to use the "exim_user" and "exim_group"
> configuration options, or attempts to change the mind of the packager?

Very much the latter, which is odd. I think it ought to be fairly easily
fixed, but they disagree and say it's impossible (at least that was what
happened last time I was pushing about this)

> FWIW, I don't like the split config and have always refrained from using
> it, but salvation is only an `rm -rf /etc/exim4` away so it doesn't
> bother me.

You don't even need to remove the existing stuff, as was mentioned
elsewhere in the thread, just drop a config into /etc/exim4/ and it will
override the split one.

Cheers,
--
Chris Jones