[Gllug] TV tuner cards

Chris Jones cmsj at tenshu.net
Mon Jan 7 09:18:01 UTC 2008

Hi

kerneljack wrote:
> ones by coincidence) since last March. It is a dual tuner card that
> does work in Linux. As pointed out above, though, newer versions of

It's maybe worth noting here that, afaik, none of the Hauppauge dual
tuner USB sticks work properly. Some people have reported success, but
it seems to be a very hit and miss affair, unfortunately.

> The only problem I have had with it in Linux was with the Hauppage
> remote (lircd kept crashing randomly). I have been using it with Vista

fwiw, I always throw the hauppauge remotes away and use an ATi
All-In-Wonder Remote Bob instead. Its main advantages are that it's RF
not IR (ie you don't have to point it at a visible receiver, it just
works anywhere in range) and that it appears as a normal HID device, so
lots of things work with it.

Cheers,
--
Chris Jones