[Gllug] Oyster cards vulnerable?

Tethys sta296 at astradyne.co.uk
Sat Jan 26 11:28:06 UTC 2008

--------

Bruce Richardson writes:

>Is your regular station just full of the brain-damaged?  I just don't
>see this happening.

Perhaps. But then you'd have to include me in that category. Which may
be true, of course, but that's another discussion entirely :-)

>I'm heppy to believe the technological implementation has stupid holes,
>but the few people on this list who keep claiming that it slows down the
>gates really just seem to be projecting their dislike of the technical
>fuckup.

Nope. I actually have few objections to them on technical grounds, so
it would be hard to project those onto anything. I'm merely saying that
my personal experience, and by direct observation, that of many others
as well, is that there's a noticable delay between slapping the card
on the reader and having it validate. There used to be no perceivable
delay with paper tickets.

Tet
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk