[Gllug] TV tuner cards

amd_uk amd_uk at lineone.net
Wed Jan 2 11:30:57 UTC 2008

Nebula Electronics recently went bust but it's been taken over by Nebula
Media Solutions.
http://www.nebula-electronics.com/news/changes.asp

The Nebula hardware and windows software are very nice but in an
environment where you can pick up USB tuners and PCI cards for £20,
charging £90+ means that you have to make the case for the extra cost to
the general public and they never really have.

I have a Hauppauge HVR-1300 sitting in a MythTV machine and it's working
fine at the moment (touch wood).
I tried a couple of installs with Mythbuntu and I had problems but going
with a plain Ubuntu install and then setting up MythTV from there went
through pretty easily.
It's running 24/7 until I try to find out the best way to turn the aged
PIII off in-between recordings but this does allow the family to connect
to it and schedule recordings through a web browser.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk