[Gllug] TV tuner cards

Pete Stean peteste at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 2 10:14:39 UTC 2008

The Nebula Electronics PCI card (which uses the DVB_bt8xx module,
included in recent kernels from Edgy onwards) works fine. I simply had
to 'sudo modprobe dvb_bt8xx', install and run kaffeine, tell it which
TV transmitter I was pointing at and bob's your uncle, more TV and
radio channels than you can shake a stick at...  I would imagine that
any card with a bt8xx chipset will work in the same way.

I couldn't tell you how to set this card up with MythTV however
(getting a Myth setup to work is still a complete mystery to me....)
but for simple click and view or record, Kaffeine does the business

Pete

Check out my new blog at http://peteste.blogspot.com
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk