[Gllug] [OT] Was Purchase computer without OS - now Reboard 1U Servers

Andy Farnsworth farnsaw at stonedoor.com
Thu Jan 10 14:55:54 UTC 2008

Paul,
  Be sure to check the power supplies and what it will cost to replace
them as new motherboards have new power connectors and often different
power requirements.  If these are to be used as production servers you
will to replace the power supplies with new ones regardless and it is
probably the case that new power supplies and new motherboards will cost
you the same as completely new servers.  Now using them as development,
soho, or non-critical systems would not require replacing the power
supplies unless the connectors and / or power requirements of the
Motherboards are different.

Andy