[Gllug] Vacancy: Linux Sysadmin, Desktop Sysadmin, MySQL DBA etc (LONDON)

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Tue Jul 8 12:27:45 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jul 08, 2008 at 11:27:47AM +0100, Martyn Drake wrote:
[...]
> Okay, I'm wearing my flame proof underpants on this one, but would it not
> be easier to create a separate jobs list at gllug.org.uk and let people
> subscribe to that?

It can't hurt, although whether it will do any good is debatable. If it
takes little effort to set up and run, go for it. Otherwise don't bother.

I note that there would seem to be a large overlap between the kind of jobs
one might advertise to GLLUG and those advertised to uknot-jobs, and the
latter isn't exactly attracting high-quality jobs.

If anybody is actively looking for a job, they'd be better off posting a
good CV[0] to CWJobs and Jobserve and waiting the half-hour or so for the
phone to start ringing off the hook.

[0] Heck, just spellchecking and proof-reading it will put you ahead of 90%
    of people.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk