[Gllug] Anyone using OpenOffice.org 2.4.0 or 2.4.1 on Linux but not Debian?

John Winters john at sinodun.org.uk
Thu Jul 10 09:09:37 UTC 2008

John Winters wrote:
> I've come across a very odd problem with Debian's build of the
> spell-check component of OpenOffice.org (and incidentally
> Firefox/Iceweasel).

In case anyone is interested, I've now isolated the problem and it will
be fixed in the next release of hunspell.  It appeared in version 1.2.4
of hunspell which was released on the 17th of June.  I suspect those
that haven't seen the problem yet are still using hunspell 1.2.2.

Until 1.2.5 comes out, be aware that if you use hunspell 1.2.4 (and that
means OpenOffice.org, Firefox and Thunderbird) along with the
en-GB.aff/dic files you will get nonsensical results.

Cheers,
John
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk