[Gllug] RHEL Virtualisation Puzzle

Stephen Nelson-Smith sanelson at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 10:09:24 UTC 2008

Hi,
> > is the Redhat documentation out of date?  Or is it HVM?  In
>> which case, is the Redhat documentation incorrect?

<snip>

> In RHEL5, update 2  the basic functionality of running 32-bit paravirt
> guests on a 64-bit host will work, and run reliably. We still indicate
> that it is considered tech-preview though, because save/restore/migrate
> does not work in a 32-on-64 environment.

Thanks.  I've now found that this is explicitly stated in the 5.2
x86_64 release notes.  It would be good if this information made it
into the Virtualization guide, though.

I won't be doing any save/restore/migrate on these guests, and I am
keen to use paravirtualisation for performance, and, more importantly,
ease and speed of (re)deployment.

S.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk