[Gllug] VACANCY: Junior Systems Support for Unit.tv

John Hearns john.hearns at streamline-computing.com
Fri Jul 4 17:05:07 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-07-04 at 17:10 +0100, David Damerell wrote:
> On Friday, 4 Jul 2008, william pink wrote:
> >Most certainly and even more so when its abysmal, I was earning more than
> >that as a Junior Unix/Linux sysadmin in Cambridge
>
> Mmm. I got about that as a junior sysadminly role in Cambridge - in 1997.

Luxury!! When I were junior sysadmin we to have to get out of the
machine room at six o'clock in the morning, clean the servers, eat a
handful of 'ot patch cables, work twenty hour day at The Mill  for
tuppence a month, come home, and the CTO would thrash us to sleep with a
broken hard drive, if we were lucky!

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk