[Gllug] Is_Talktalk_linux-friendly

Jason Clifford jason at ukfsn.org
Mon Jul 14 11:14:20 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-07-14 at 11:48 +0100, John Winters wrote:
> and I see that Gradwell are now
> offering broadband too.  I haven't tried their broadband but if it's
> anything like their other offerings it will be good.  The point about
> this kind of provider is that you can actually communicate with a real
> technician who knows what he's talking about.

Yes you will get to talk with a real tech at gradwell and he will have
access to the tools to check things etc.

The downside with gradwell is that their wholesale provider is Tiscali.

That wont be a problem for things where the gradwell tech can check
and/or place an order to deal with but anything that has to be dealt
with by Tiscali isn't going to go well.

Also there is a question over the future of Tiscali. They are trying to
sell their business but there doesn't seem to be much realistic interest
once potential buyers have seen the books. That would worry me if I were
still doing business with Tiscali.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk