[Gllug] exim4 smarthost relay to ssh tunnel

Sean Burlington sean at practicalweb.co.uk
Fri Jul 18 11:07:18 UTC 2008

Hi all,
   I'm doing web development on a laptop (Ubuntu 8)

Mail generated in php goes through Exim4

But I sit on various networks with different firewall setups.

I send mail from my mail client over an ssh tunnel

I've tried configuring Exim to use a smarthost at 120.0.0.1 port 2500

But it complains "remote host address is the local host" and freezes the
message

I've Googled this and the best I can find is

Can I get Exim to use my ssh tunnel without adding new transports?

(and if so how? - I'd rather keep my exim config simple)

--

Sean Burlington

www.practicalweb.co.uk
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk