[Gllug] VACANCY: Junior Systems Support for Unit.tv

Martyn Drake martyn at drake.org.uk
Fri Jul 4 10:05:32 UTC 2008

On Fri, Jul 4, 2008 at 10:53 AM, Jason Clifford <jason at ukfsn.org> wrote:

> How exactly is it racism? Are you serious suggesting that there is a
> real link between an advertised salary level and ethnicity?

In terms of gender - women do seem get lower salaries than their male
counterparts.  A friend of mine told me how much she was getting in
comparison to her male colleagues and the difference was around at
least £5k.  They were doing the same job, at the same level.  She also
had to fight to get better pay at the the company she worked for when
she moved departments.  I found the whole thing outrageous.  It'd be
nice to see more women in the IT sector, but with this sort of thing
going on..

Regards,

Martyn
--