[Gllug] Is_Talktalk_linux-friendly

Progga proggaprogga at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 10:42:53 UTC 2008

On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 11:31:29AM +0100, Don Williams wrote:

> 	I happily run Debian Etch on an HP Pavilion desktop PC and currently
> connect to the web through a Belkin router and a very efficient, yet a
> bit pricey, Demon service.
> 	I welcome and appreciate in advance any and all advice on this subject
> from GLLUGers.

TalkTalk provides both ordinary adsl modems and router+modem.  If you can
get one of those from the second category, then the accompanied documentation
for Macs should take care of the rest.

Or you can just use your existing router.
@see http://www.talktalk.co.uk/talktalk/servlet/gben-server-PageServer?article=MAIN.UK.TALKTALK.STATIC.HELP.HELPDESK.MAINPAGE&topicSelect=BROADBAND&catSelect=Modem&showFAQ=MODEMSETTINGS

And as Jason has already said, their service is not the best in the town.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk