[Gllug] Is_Talktalk_linux-friendly

Jason Clifford jason at ukfsn.org
Mon Jul 14 10:33:58 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-07-14 at 11:31 +0100, Don Williams wrote:
> Hi - I've been told by Talktalk sales people that running Linux is no
> problem in installing/using their web/phone services.

It's just an ADSL service so there is no reason it should not work.

I would caution that you should do some checking before signing up with
TT though. They have an appalling reputation for poor service and
support and I know for a fact that they provision the service on the
basis that customers will not use more than 10% of their FUP allowance
(ie their 40GB FUP is actually 4GB before their systems consider you to
be overusing the connection).

You can see a lot of reviews on the thinkbroadband.com forums.

There are lots of ISPs offering better services.

Jason

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk