[Gllug] Vacancy: MySQL DBA (London)

james jt at camalyn.org
Wed Jul 9 21:41:10 UTC 2008

Hi List Members,

I am recruiting for an e-commerce-type client in London who require a
MySQL DBA although the real key for them is that they would like to find
someone who is a real technology enthusiast who'll get involved across
the breadth of engineering.

The exact location is commutable from most parts of London and is close
to Kings Cross, Marlybone, Euston, Paddington and Victoria train links.

I can't stipulate a base salary figure on offer as (from a recruiters
perspective) this is never fixed but instead based on individual merit -
taking into considering factors such as a candidate's current salary,
their skills and experience (and at times) the even the differential in
the client's team and their corporate policy on cost management.
However, I can say that I do have experience of recruiting MySQL DBA's
and therefore I do have an appreciation of the level of salary that
could be potentially offered especially due to market trends.

In-terms of skills and experience, I don't want to list specifics,
instead it would be preferable if you have experience of managing
large-scale, high-throughput, transaction-intensive and/ or distributed
MySQL installations with production experience of MySQL 5.0 and Linux/
UNIX systems administration.  If you happen to have any experience of
MySQL 5.1 and MySQL replication this would be very advantageous.

Should anybody be interested in discussing with me further please feel
free to contact me off-list.  My address is james at camalyn.org

All the best,
James

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk