[Gllug] Corrupt directory

Thu Jul 24 16:53:32 UTC 2008

David L Neil Mailing list a/c wrote:
> Thanks to so many people.
>
> In all the playing about un/re-installing bits and bobs I've wrecked
> Gnome (and the Pixies are about to come out on strike), so I'm going to
> blitz the machine now/tomorrow. Whether I rebuild with SuSE or move
> along is another question...

I reformatted the drive and rebuilt the machine with SuSE 11.0 and
Gnome, rebooted it, and went straight to /var/lib/gdm - and sure enough
the .gvfs entry was corrupted before the machine had done anything
useful. The DVD passes both levels of checks, so I guess this is as good
a time as any to move on to another distro.

Grrrr!

Regards,
=dn

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk