[Gllug] Mobile phone broadband

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Sun Jun 8 21:41:17 UTC 2008

On Sun, Jun 08, 2008 at 08:17:08PM +0100, Sean Burlington wrote:
> Actually I think it's fair enough that the networks aren't providing a
> full broadband package at this price - except for the advertising!

HUH??? That's a joke right?  In Japan, since 2001 -- possibly earlier
-- you've been able to get 256 kbps over mobile, unmetered, for 20
quid a month.  Nowadays of course it's much faster, and cheaper,
though not as fast as the 100+ Mbps you can get in Japanese cities to
your wired house.

> usual rate £15 per 3000Mb
> additional rate £1 per 1Mb

This is stupid.  DON'T accept it.  DON'T sign up for these stupid
rates.  Do ask your politians what they're going to do to force these
tired uncompetitive monopolies to provide real connectivity.

</rant>

Rich.

--
Richard Jones