[Gllug] A brief question about formatting

- Tethys tethys at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 11:48:06 UTC 2008

On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 12:33 PM, David Damerell
<damerell at chiark.greenend.org.uk> wrote:

> Pop quiz; in the third paragraph here (beginning "Generally, in those
> kinds of cases"), is the text well-wrapped or mangled by linewrapping
> from circa 110 columns?

I'm not entirely sure what you're asking. The original was sent as a
multipart/alternative, with both text/plain and text/html parts.
Leaving aside the horrendous HTML (one div per line? bleurgh!), the
HTML part seems OK[1], with no line longer than 80 characters. The
text/plain equivalent seems to have taken that, and further wrapped
lines at 69 columns or so, for no apparently good reason.

Is it well formatted? I suspect it's just coincidence that the text
wraps at exactly 80 columns for a couple of lines.

Tet

[1] In as much as HTML mail can ever be OK, of course...

--
Perl is like vise grips. You can do anything with it but it is the
wrong tool for every job. -- Bruce Eckel
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk