[Gllug] <Screeammmmm> Oh why didn't I look into LVM years ago?

M.Blackmore mblackmore at oxlug.org
Mon Jun 2 11:37:08 UTC 2008

No reply necessary, but I've always been intimidated by the LVM option
on installation and never used it and now having finally read a howto
I'm thinking of all the knots I've tied myself into trying to add
capacity onto home servers and desktops with more disks and all the
shuffling around of data onto network drives and painful partition size
guessing which is always wrong and aaaarrgghhhh...

LVM should be made much more evident and explained at the installation
outset for newbies and old fogies like me who learn little slowly and
just use linux as a luser - if I'd realised what it could do...

Sorry, yup, morning morphine is kicking in, which is good 'cos I'm
kicking myself hard as I make up a new home server using lvm ... its so
much easier and being able to map var mail files onto the fileserver
volumes oh hell...

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk