[Gllug] VACANCY: Systems Support
james-p at moving-picture.com
Mon Jun 16 12:22:50 UTC 2008
Vacancy at the Moving Picture Company for the position of Systems
Support - below is a copy of the advert posted on our web site at
The company works with, and continually invests in, new technologies and
a key part of the organization is the Systems team which develops and
maintains the infrastructure on which all the visual effects are created.
There is currently a vacancy in the Systems team for the position of
Systems Support. The role offers the successful candidate unlimited
potential to advance technical skills, offers experience with
state-of-the-art technology and opportunity to learn from specialist
digital media colleagues.
Primary responsibilities are :
* provide technical support to the artists
* mentoring/training junior team members
* assist team with various evaluation, installation, development
and decommissioning projects
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* Knowledge and interest in computer hardware, networking and
* Previous helpdesk/systems administration experience
* Candidates should give examples of the level of experience with
different operating systems and PC hardware components
* A degree is not required but enthusiasm, interest and the ability
to learn quickly and think on your feet is essential.
* Excellent communication and team working skills.
* Accuracy and attention to detail.
* Capacity to manage a busy workload with high productivity.
* Previous administration experience on Linux/BSD/Mac OS X based
* Scripting languages: sh, tcsh, perl or python
* Enthusiasm and commitment to learn about and get involved in
This is an exciting opportunity to work in the dynamic world of visual
effects. If you are interested then send your application (covering
letter and CV) to: jobs at moving-picture.com.
Gllug mailing list - Gllug at gllug.org.uk
More information about the GLLUG