[Gllug] Tarball GUI

John G Walker johngeoffreywalker at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Jun 22 13:50:33 UTC 2008

On Sun, 22 Jun 2008 14:24:51 +0100 Bruce Richardson
<itsbruce at workshy.org> wrote:

> If it is a size limit issue with the GUI tools then this might be a
> new cosntraint added in newer versions but it might simply be that
> the limit was always there but your backups have now grown big enough
> to pass that point.

Quite. This is what I asked in my original post. What constraints are
there in the reading of a tarball by Ark or Konqueror? The notable
thing, incidentally, is that they stop at the same point. That's why I
initially wondered whether there was an unreported error in the backup
process.

Apologies for not making it clear which files weren't being reported. I
thought this was implied wit my original question, but, as I always
tell my students, just because you imply something it doesn't mean that
the reader will infer it. I should listen to myself a bit more,

--
 All the best,
 John
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk