[Gllug] Newbie video encoding question

salsaman at xs4all.nl salsaman at xs4all.nl
Fri Jun 27 15:02:15 UTC 2008

On Fri, June 27, 2008 15:15, Antonnio M wrote:
> You can use avidemux as a interface for that.
>
> It is not only re-encode.
> You have to apply a filter in this case "scale filter"
> before reencode.
>
> Sometimes you also have to deinterlace to get a better quality and have to
> pass the correct order of the fields.
>
> To encode with any command line program. The GUI use to be friendly even
> when the user make mistakes.
>
> input video + filters --> output video.
>
> Antonio

On Linux you can also use LiVES of course, especially if you want to edit
your video first.

In any case, I would recommend re-encoding using x264. If you combine this
with a frame size reduction to 320x240, and a fps reduction to 20 fps, you
will likely end up with a 5 or 6 MB file.

Regards,
Salsaman.
http://lives.sourceforge.net

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk