[Gllug] Tarball GUI

John G Walker johngeoffreywalker at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Jun 21 21:34:50 UTC 2008

On Sat, 21 Jun 2008 11:38:10 +0100 Bruce Richardson
<itsbruce at workshy.org> wrote:

> Do you still have older tarballs that you know you were once able to
> see fully via Konqueror?  If so, can you see the full contents of
> those? The answer to that question would begin to indicate where the
> change might have occured.

I keep backups for seven days. In any case, the problem is not in the
terballs, which contain al the backed-up files.

> It would also help if you could post the full paths of both files that
> are visible to Konqueror and those which are not, indicating which is
> which.

I'm not sure how this would help. The listing for the tar (I ran it
once with the verbose option just to check that stuff was getting put
in the archive) is 7.31MB. It would take me forever to find the point
at which files do not appear and I doubt it anyone would thank me for
posting that to the list. In any case, what appears go so far down the
list of files and what doesn't appear is after that. Why would looking
at the paths help?

--
 All the best,
 John