[Gllug] UKUUG press release

Ryan Cartwright ryan at crimperman.org
Sat Jun 21 19:41:51 UTC 2008

Alain Williams wrote:
> UKUUG appeals the initial court decision on BSI's OOXML action
>
> See:
> 	http://www.ukuug.org/ooxml/
and later

> We are going after BSI. BSI is one of the national bodies that votes on
> acceptance/... of standards. So it affects ISO indirectly.
> BSI is a ltd company but is amenable to Judicial Review.

Sounds like a good plan and kudos for stepping up to the plate - as they
  say on the other side of the pond. If nothing else the BSI can hardly
say that nobody cares.

I've written a bit on your fight in my column in FSM.

http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/columns/ooxml_fight_continues_heres_one_way_you_can_help

sorry for the long URL - not determined by me here's a tinyurl if you
don't fancy unwrapping that one.

http://preview.tinyurl.com/3qfyhe

cheers
Ryan