[Gllug] DVB-T on Debian

Justin Perreault justinperreault at dl-jp.com
Thu Jun 12 10:23:39 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-06-12 at 09:11 +0100, John Winters wrote:
> [snip]
> > I am so happy with the amount I have learned and the abilities in MythTV
> > configured distros, that I ordered the parts for my HTPC and will have
> > my DVD player swapped out from under my tv by the end of the weekend.
>
> Do share - what hardware are you going for, especially case, cooling etc?
> I'm thinking of doing much the same myself.

Case ebuyer http://www.ebuyer.com/product/134831 it is a pretty red and
black case includes PSU. I have slight concern about psu noise but need
to hear it to be sure. The following items might prove too much for the
PSU but I am hoping that I have got the balance right.

Chip AMD Athlon AM2 45W 4850e includes cooler
http://products.amd.com/en-us/DesktopCPUFilter.aspx
Bought at ebuyer. I have some concern about the stock cooler regarding
noise but I want to try it to make sure.

Board Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H has the built in radeon chip
http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products/Motherboard/Products_Overview.aspx?ProductID=2814
Bought at http://www.advancetec.co.uk

80GB Western Digital drive - old

1000GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 - 7200RPM - 32MB from
http://www.aria.co.uk

2gb Patriot ram bought at Aria.

Old DVD drive.

TV cards WinTV Nova-T 500 PCWorld, WinTV Nova-TD Aria

Signal splitting Tesco value splitters, cables and booster

I have an okay 2.1 speaker system I will use for now but I hope to find
an okay priced reasonably good 5.1 system.

Still trying to decide on a keyboard and mouse solution.

Still looking for a game controller solution.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk