[Gllug] DVB-T on Debian

michael norman michaeltnorman at ukfsn.org
Thu Jun 12 13:28:18 UTC 2008

On Thursday 12 June 2008 11:23:39 Justin Perreault wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-06-12 at 09:11 +0100, John Winters wrote:
> > [snip]
> >
> > > I am so happy with the amount I have learned and the abilities in
> > > MythTV configured distros, that I ordered the parts for my HTPC and
> > > will have my DVD player swapped out from under my tv by the end of the
> > > weekend.
> >
> > Do share - what hardware are you going for, especially case, cooling etc?
> > I'm thinking of doing much the same myself.
>
> Case ebuyer http://www.ebuyer.com/product/134831 it is a pretty red and
> black case includes PSU. I have slight concern about psu noise but need
> to hear it to be sure. The following items might prove too much for the
> PSU but I am hoping that I have got the balance right.
>
> Chip AMD Athlon AM2 45W 4850e includes cooler
> http://products.amd.com/en-us/DesktopCPUFilter.aspx
> Bought at ebuyer. I have some concern about the stock cooler regarding
> noise but I want to try it to make sure.
>
> Board Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H has the built in radeon chip
> http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products/Motherboard/Products_Overview.aspx?Prod
>uctID=2814 Bought at http://www.advancetec.co.uk
>
> 80GB Western Digital drive - old
>
> 1000GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 - 7200RPM - 32MB from
> http://www.aria.co.uk
>
> 2gb Patriot ram bought at Aria.
>
> Old DVD drive.
>
> TV cards WinTV Nova-T 500 PCWorld, WinTV Nova-TD Aria
>
> Signal splitting Tesco value splitters, cables and booster
>
> I have an okay 2.1 speaker system I will use for now but I hope to find
> an okay priced reasonably good 5.1 system.
>
> Still trying to decide on a keyboard and mouse solution.
>
> Still looking for a game controller solution.

Not sure if you have seen this link before but if I was going to build a
MythTV box using that particular card and was happy to have them set it all
up using Ubuntu this is where I'd go,  The shuttle option especially if you
are concerned about unobtrusive noise  and a small box.

http://efficientpc.co.uk/desktops/
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk