[Gllug] Mobile phone broadband

Benjamin Donnachie benjamin at py-soft.co.uk
Tue Jun 3 17:54:07 UTC 2008

Dylan wrote:
> Does anyone have any experience or recommendations they can make, especially
> regarding the quality of service from the various suppliers, which 'modems'
> work with Linux and which don't (if any) and any gotcha's or hoops which have
> to be navigated.

When I tried 3 a few months ago while commuting on the train, it
constantly lost signal and, with the MacOSX software, I had to
constantly click reconnect.

The reception with t-mobile has been much better and the (MacOSX)
software automatically tries to reconnect without constantly bothering me.

So, 3 rubbish, t-mobile good! :-)

Ben
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk