[Gllug] Linux/Technology festival and open event

Shevek gllug at anarres.org
Wed Jun 18 13:12:09 UTC 2008

Hi,

Bath and Bristol LUG are co-organising a large event called "Adventure
in Technology" in Bristol, on the 28th June. The web site is at
http://www.techadventure.org/ with all the formal details.

The aim is to get as many people doing as many different things as
possible into one place at the same time, so that everybody who comes
can find something fun to play with. We will have a Linux-based
recording studio and games systems, but we will also have scene demos,
virtual reality, electric vehicles, robotics, historic computing and
assorted presentations; in the morning, we will even have a 3D printer,
so turn up early to photocopy your coffee mug!

What makes this event even more valuable is that the people who design
and build these toys will be explaining how they work and how to build
them at home. Feel free to bring something of your own, it doesn't have
to be new or shiny, or the latest gimmick. Power, space, etc can be
found.

The event is community-supported, so entrance is free. If you want to
publicise this event, you will find us on facebook, upcoming.org, or you
can download the posters from the web site.

See you there!

S.

P.S. If you want to jam or record a track, bring an instrument.
P.P.S. If you can help with organisation or looking after someone's
hardware on the day, please let us know!

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk