[Gllug] Tarball GUI

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at workshy.org
Sat Jun 21 10:38:10 UTC 2008

On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 11:07:46AM +0100, John wrote:
> I back up my data daily to a tarball and, once upon a time, if I needed
> to restore a file, I could open it up with Konqueror and copy the file
> from the archive via drag and drop.
>
> However, I now find that, whether I use Konqueror or Ark, only some of
> the files are shown. A command line listing of the tarball shows that
> the files are present in the backup, but I can't seem to get at them
> via a GUI.

Do you still have older tarballs that you know you were once able to see
fully via Konqueror?  If so, can you see the full contents of those?
The answer to that question would begin to indicate where the change
might have occured.

It would also help if you could post the full paths of both files that
are visible to Konqueror and those which are not, indicating which is
which.

--
Bruce

Those who cast the votes decide nothing.  Those who count the
votes decide everything. -- Joseph Stalin