[Gllug] Mobile phone broadband

Phil Reynolds phil-gllug at tinsleyviaduct.com
Wed Jun 4 13:36:20 UTC 2008

Quoting Sean Burlington <sean at practicalweb.co.uk>:

> Benjamin Donnachie wrote:
>> So, 3 rubbish, t-mobile good! :-)
>>

> Actually I initially ordered from T-mobile online - but didn't hear from
> them - called - and there began a saga...
>
> ... dealing with T-mobile was frustrating and unproductive - I
> eventually canceled my order.

I got a new phone, supposedly on a WnW max deal, last December.

Not as easy to get to work with my laptop running Debian but when it
does work it works well.

I went for max because I might want to try VoIP over it sometime.
However, Jabber was unreliable - I eventually found out that they had
put me on ordinary WnW (and were only charging me for such) - but they
quickly put it right and paid me some money for the inconvenience.

> Technically I've found T-mobile service OK - but it's not the first time
> I've run into their customer services (it is the last).

I have yet to find a mobile phone network with good customer service,
but at least T-Mobile are quick to put things right when they do
realise they are wrong.

--
Phil Reynolds
  o  ____ mail: phil-gllug at tinsleyviaduct.com
|L_ \  / Web: http://www.tinsleyviaduct.com/phil/
(_)- \/  Waltham 66, Emley Moor 69, Droitwich 79, Windows 95

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk