[Gllug] how to disable DHCP

Antonnio M ondas2gh at yahoo.es
Wed Jun 18 21:44:47 UTC 2008

Hi Diana,

You can not disable DHCP server in the modem. You can disable the dhcp in the Cable-Router but if you do that You will need a Static IP.

And don't forget to unplug and plug again the cable modem.
Read the label in the cable modem.
Internet problems ....

When you restart the Virgin modem it detect the mac address from the device connected to it and only works with that mac address. For that you have to restart the Virgin Modem.

Antonio