[Gllug] Tarball GUI

John G Walker johngeoffreywalker at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Jun 21 21:43:45 UTC 2008

On Sat, 21 Jun 2008 13:02:35 +0100 Nix <nix at esperi.org.uk> wrote:

> I'd need to dig into the code.
>
> Really I'd need a testcase: i.e. a tarball which shows these
> symptoms. I use ark 2.6.4 all the time and have never seen this, but
> that means little: tar files are really badly specified, and there
> are lots of tarballs that only a few tar programs can read.

I'm using the tar that comes with openSuSE 10.2 and the line in the
script that creates it is

	tar -czf $backup $files

where $backup contains the name of the backup file and $files contains
the specification of the files to back up, viz

	# Define the files in the backup

	home=~

	# Documents
	files=$home/Documents

	# Scripts, etc
	files="$files $home/bin"
	files="$files $home/etc"
	files="$files /usr/local/src"

	# Email files
	files="$files $home/Mail"
	files="$files $home/.claws-mail/*rc"
	files="$files $home/.claws-mail/*.xml"
	files="$files $home/.claws-mail/*_history"

	# Web browsing
	files="$files $home/.mozilla/firefox"

I'd offer to send a copy of a tarball to anyone interested in helping
me out, but there could be confidential stuff in there. But listing out
the contents shows that everything is there,

--
 All the best,
 John
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk