[Gllug] LiveCD that boots withoiut confirmation

Mon Mar 3 14:04:26 UTC 2008

On Mon, 03 Mar 2008 13:55:17 +0000
Tethys <sta296 at astradyne.co.uk> wrote:

> --------
>
> Avi Greenbury writes:
>
> >Problem is that most of the LiveCDs i've seen either require you to pick
> >an option (install, boot from CD, boot from first HDD etc.) or give a
> >boot: prompt for kernel options.
>
> The obvious solution is to get them to network boot instead. Configure
> their BIOS to have network booting as the highest priority option, set
> up a boot server and away you go.

Actually, that's rather obvious. Why didn't I think of that? ;)

*gets more coffee*

RE Booting into vista - one of them already does. Needless to say, any problem anywhere is the fault of that machine.
It is, rather worryingly, the reason no-one else has Vista.

--
Avi Greenbury <god at lordandmaker.co.uk>
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk