[Gllug] LiveCD that boots withoiut confirmation

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Mon Mar 3 14:29:48 UTC 2008

On Mon, Mar 03, 2008 at 02:28:47PM +0000, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> Avi Greenbury wrote:
> > Does anyone know of one that doesn't? Obviously needs to be i386, and while it doesn't need to be particularly easy to use, I'd rather their first use of linux wasn't fluxbox...
>
> The CentOS5/i386 LiveCD will boot after a timeout. If you want to do
> away with the timeout completely, you can edit the  configs and rebuild
> it trivially.
>
> Download here :
>
> http://www.mirrorservice.org/sites/mirror.centos.org/5/isos/i386/CentOS-5.1-i386-LiveCD.iso

And don't forget the documentation if he wants to build a live CD:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraLiveCD/LiveCDHowTo

It's really ridiculously easy to make a custom live CD using this
tool, and I recently submitted a patch to livecd-creator so that you
can go from this image straight to a PXE boot too.

Rich.

--
Richard Jones
Red Hat