[Gllug] anyone used ovh.co.uk for hosting

Ryan Cartwright ryan at crimperman.org
Fri Mar 7 17:44:11 UTC 2008

Jason Clifford wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-03-07 at 15:20 +0000, Khusro Jaleel wrote:
>> I'm thinking of using these people for hosting, they seem to provide a
>> dedicated server with 256 megs of RAM and a choice of many OSes. There
>> are also no b/w limitations. The website is www.ovh.co.uk.
>
> They are offering a service for substantially less than it costs to
> provide it.

That was my thought.

<snip>

> It costs a lot of money to employ the staff to manage
> all of this and support you.

and it seems this is where they are saving the money.
http://www.ovh.co.uk/items/supports.xml

My reading of that is that you get pointed to the relevant piece of
documentation.

> How much of that do you think £15 a month covers?

I think I'd rather spend £15/month on a VH from Bytemark. :o)

cheers
--
Ryan Cartwright
http://www.cafamily.org.uk/oss