[Gllug] Was - Re: Anyone using Virgin Media? - Virgin destroyed Telewest

Christopher Hunter chrisehunter at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Mar 9 22:44:41 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-03-09 at 11:47 +0000, Martyn Drake wrote:

>  They didn't call until late at night to say that the flight was
> oversold and they had to put me on another.  They told me that there
> was a free shuttle between JFK (my original departure airport) and
> Newark.  There isn't.

This is entirely typical, and is why I won't fly with them ever again.
My last flight from the USA to London with them cost THEM just over
$10000 plus their (and my) legal expenses.  It also led them to have to
change their terms and conditions of carriage, which were shown to be
illegal.

> Upon getting here (for this is where I am at the moment writing this),
> I've had my seat changed.  I've seen Upper Class passengers downgraded
> to Economy and general fucking disorganisation from the airline.

Again, entirely typical.  There are cheaper and much better alternatives
across the Atlantic these days.

> I mean, as for WNS, why the hell would you choose to have a customer
> service centre that deals with travel in a country where most of your
> staff are not likely to have set foot on a bloody aeroplane?

Virgin have "outsourced" all their "customer service" telephone lines to
the cheapest Indian call centre in existence.  You're very lucky if you
get anyone who actually speaks proper English.

> Virgin is only ever good PR.  That's all it is.  For all their
> services.

It's now almost entirely BAD PR!

>   The actual service part of it is utterly shit and Richard
> Branson needs to get his act together.

Branson no longer has much to do with the Virgin brands, apart from
appearing in ever more bizarre promotional stunts at the inception of
each new wheeze!  The "good name" of the brand has now been thoroughly
dragged through the mud!

>   I'm sure this is not the level of quality is aiming for, but it certainly
> is that way!

I don't think he cares at all.

C.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk