[Gllug] Anyone using Virgin Media?

Justin Perreault justinperreault at dl-jp.com
Sat Mar 1 15:14:32 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-03-01 at 10:54 +0000, Richard Jones wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 01, 2008 at 10:26:35AM +0000, Justin Perreault wrote:
> > I am looking at the bundles Virgin( www.virginmedia.com ) has and it
> > looks like I can actually reduce my bills by about a tenner a month
> > overall for phone, mobile, broadband and I get bonus tv channels to
> > boot.
>
> To be honest I wouldn't choose a DSL connection merely on price.
>
> Also Virgin Media (and a few others) are about to flog your browsing
> history to a dubious company called Phorm:
>
> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/02/29/phorm_documents/

Thanks for this. I will strongly consider not going with Virgin if they
are unable to clarify, suitably, how they will make use of this service.

I would be somewhat surprised to find that most traffic is not tracked
and sold to some extent by all the ISPs. UKFSN the likely exception :)

Justin

--
If you are an adult, you can choose to act like a child. If you do not
accept being an adult, you are only a child. -JJJ

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk