[Gllug] BT Broadband

Matthew King matthew.king at monnsta.net
Thu Mar 27 10:42:15 UTC 2008

Christopher Hunter <chrisehunter at blueyonder.co.uk> writes:

> There are three ISPs to avoid right now - BT, Talk Talk (Carphone
> Warehouse) and Virgin Media.  These three have signed up with Phorm to
> log web browsing habits and plague users with "appropriate" adverts.

Not to mention some to always avoid. I'd possibly put BT in that list
but it certainly includes Tiscali. From what I've heard it should
include Sky too but I've no direct experience, except that I understand
my uncle, who uses Sky, has a pre-configured router and has not been
given either the router or ADSL passwords. This is exactly the sort of
thing which rings alarm bells in my head.

A rule of thumb I apply quite successfully is: The more advertising you
see, the more you should avoid the company.

Matthew

--
I must take issue with the term "a mere child", for it has been my
invariable experience that the company of a mere child is infinitely
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk