[Gllug] Old type versus new ADSL?

Jason Clifford jason at ukfsn.org
Wed Mar 19 18:19:16 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-03-19 at 18:08 +0000, Rich Walker wrote:
> What kind of upload speeds are expected on 2/2+?

BT have not yet committed to what the maximum upload speeds will be. At
present they are restricting them to 488kb/s for the trials. I
understand they will increase this to 1Mb/s soon. Beyond that will
depend upon the results from the trials (the second trial phase starts
today).

> And how much are UKFSN likely to charge for it?

Pricing for ADSL 2/2+ is still to be confirmed. I have been involved
with Enta in the process of determining what prices should be from both
a commercial and technical perspective so I have a good idea of what
they will be however I wont discuss them publicly yet as I've agreed not
to with Enta until they make the final decision on product/pricing
details.

I will say this much - it will be very competitive and the entry point
will be lower than it currently is.

Jason

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk