[Gllug] Do modern webpages kill older laptops/PCs?

Tue May 27 11:14:31 UTC 2008

On Tue, 27 May 2008 12:06:22 +0100
James Holland <holland.james at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Would anyone care to explain to me (gently!) why all the fuss about top
> posting?

My understanding:
Top Posting - Easier to read the response without having to read the
question.
Bottom Posting - Easier to read the response in context with the
question

Assuming the text is sensibly snipped.

Personally, bottom-posting makes far more sense to me, but I can see
why it might not to someone else. It's just the lack of snipping that I
dislike.

Being one of the more venerable holy wars, a quick google search should
provide you with a huge volume of flames either way.

--
Avi Greenbury
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk