[Gllug] Do modern webpages kill older laptops/PCs?

Christopher Hunter chrisehunter at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu May 29 11:08:35 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-05-27 at 18:26 +0100, Caroline Ford wrote:

> The people who complain don't understand that normal use of email is
> top posting. If you bottom post in a business setting it is clearly
> wrong.

Sorry, no!  It took some time to persuade my company to bottom-post, but
now that everyone does it, an email discussion is easily followed.  We
have many offices in this country, and several abroad, and we hold
engineering design discussions by email, often over several weeks.
Bottom-posting makes the debate and discussion easily understandable.

> I see these debates as old fashioned, and anyone who really won't a
> top posted comment isn't worth bothering with anyway.

The arrogance shown by some is just plain silly, and I fully appreciate
that those blessed or cursed with a "Blackberry" find correct email
protocol difficult - I make allowances for them, and put their
contributions into the right place when replying.

C.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk