[Gllug] Do modern webpages kill older laptops/PCs?

John G Walker johngeoffreywalker at yahoo.co.uk
Tue May 27 14:19:38 UTC 2008

On Tue, 27 May 2008 14:55:24 +0100 Ryan Cartwright
<ryan at crimperman.org> wrote:

> > I'd be even happier if all mail clients just sent plain text.
>
> :-D I initially wrote that and then edited it - should have stuck to
> my guns.

Actually, I'd compromise on people not assuming that I read HTML in
emails. I spend a lot of wasted time complaining about people writing
"click here" instead of giving me a URL. They have to type the URL
anyway, so why not just make it obvious?

The worst offenders, in my inbox at any rate, are the Post-Autistic
Economics people - which goes to show that sanity in one intellectual
endeavour (economics) does not imply sanity in another (simple
communication),

--
 All the best,
 John