[Gllug] Trips or traps? A single home partition shared between 2 distributions

M.Blackmore mblackmore at oxlug.org
Wed May 7 19:53:31 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-05-02 at 08:41 +0100, John Winters wrote:

> why not a virtal machine on an
> existing box providing the required distribution installation?

If it wasn't that my kids want to boot win98 and XP for games then that
would be a solution - even for running XP with "office" applications.

I'm not at all sure how well virtualisation would work with windows
games seeing as they address hardware very directly. Has anyone done
this with games and if with success, what games?

At their age - 5 and 11 - then it ain't carmageddon or cartheft murder
extreme or whatever is the latest ultra violent shoot em up we are
talking about! My daughter is nuts about the Sims and wants to play Sim
Cities Societies which so far we haven't had a computer in the house
with enough cpu and video power to run, so haven't been able to play
with her Xmas present yet!!!