[Gllug] Ubuntu Apache proxying problems

Tethys sta296 at astradyne.co.uk
Tue May 27 21:13:28 UTC 2008

--------

"Robert McKay" writes:

>>From the docs I'd suggest that you try fiddling with the retry value
>if you haven't already.

Yeah, that turned out to be the problem. The CentOS box had Apache 2.0,
where the Ubuntu box has Apache 2.2, where not only has the retry
option been added, but the default value gives a different behaviour
to previous versions. Five stars to whoever thought that was a good
idea...

>A value of 0 means always retry workers in an error state with
>no timeout.

The docs lie. A value of zero gives you an error saying the retry
value has to be 1 or higher. Sigh.

Tet
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk