[Gllug] SSH problems

william pink will.pink at gmail.com
Fri May 16 11:42:23 UTC 2008

Hello all,

Well I have been having a few problems with ssh as it appears to be keep
resetting my connection and exits with *Read from remote host example.com:
Connection reset by peer - *I have tried increasing the timeout on the
server and on the client, I have compiled from source the latest ssh
package, I have just updated to Ubuntu 8.04 but I had the same problem with
the previous release, I have replaced my NIC/cable/port and  I am running
out if ideas!. When I use putty in Windoze on my VMware server on the same
machine it doesn't do it, also it doesn't appear to be due to inactivity
because sometimes it will do it when im actually working so its very
bizarre.

I have tried some debugging with -v and some tcpdump but theres nothing
really useful in there maybe someone could suggest other tools I could use

ANY help would be appreciated as its really frustrating

Many Thanks,
Will
*

*