[Gllug] Another dd backup ignoramus question

James Roberts jr at stabilys.com
Thu May 8 14:38:50 UTC 2008

M.Blackmore wrote:
> Finally, having probably booted up XP less than a dozen times in my life
> so I know nowt, where and how do I turn off or disable the swap file

Right click on My 'Puta, 'Properties', select 'Advanced' <coff> tab,
Performance 'Settings' button, yet more 'Advanced' button <choke>, at
bottom Virtual Memory, click 'Change' button, select 'No Paging File'
Radio button, 'OK', ignore whinges. Turn it back on after shrinking.
Reboot to see effect.

MeJ
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk