[Gllug] Do modern webpages kill older laptops/PCs?

John G Walker johngeoffreywalker at yahoo.co.uk
Thu May 29 12:06:37 UTC 2008

On Thu, 29 May 2008 12:08:35 +0100 Christopher Hunter
<chrisehunter at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> It took some time to persuade my company to bottom-post, but
> now that everyone does it, an email discussion is easily followed.

But not all email exchanges are discussions. This is what those who
oppose top posting under all circumstances, as a matter of principle,
fail to grasp. They fail to grasp that context and purpose are
important. Inline posting makes a discussion more readable, certainly,
but that is wholly different from an email that merely conveys
information.

Of course, part of the context is the convention followed by those
you're sending an email to. An email that is laid out according to the
expectations of the reader is thereby rendered more readable,

--
 All the best,
 John
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk