[Gllug] Do modern webpages kill older laptops/PCs?

- Tethys tethys at gmail.com
Tue May 27 11:21:34 UTC 2008

On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 12:06 PM, James Holland
<holland.james at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Would anyone care to explain to me (gently!) why all the fuss about top
> posting? I read my email using the preview pane in Evolution and its
> much easier to read if someone top-posts rather than having to scroll
> down through the quoted bit that you've read already!

If you're having to scroll down that much, too much of the previous
message has been quoted anyway. It's almost never a good idea to quote
the whole message. This is particularly true on an email list, where
you can assume that everyone interested either already has a copy of
the original message, or can find it in the archives.

Tet

--
Perl is like vise grips. You can do anything with it but it is the
wrong tool for every job. -- Bruce Eckel
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk